Click on the headings below to find out more information.
- CCSR: Selected Links/ Liens choisis
General Links concerning the academic study of religion from the Canadian Corporation for Studies in Religion.
(Includes several useful directories of undergraduate and graduate programmes.)
- Virtual Religion Index
Probably the best meta-index for the study of religion.
- Voice of the Shuttle: Religious Studies Page
Another, more eclectic, index.
- Religion Statistic
"Adherents.com is a growing collection of over 35,500 adherent statistics and religious geography citations."
- Paul Halsall/Fordham University Internet History Sourcebooks
"The Internet History Sourcebooks are collections of public domain and copy-permitted historical texts presented cleanly (without advertising or excessive layout) for educational use."
- Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
An agency promoting religious tolerance as a human right.
- Internet Indian History Sourcebook
A good starting place for the history, religion and culture of India and,more generally, South Asia.
- Internet East Asian History Sourcebook
(Paul Halsall, Fordham University)
- Resources for the Study of East Asian Language and Thought
(Charles Muller, Toyo Gakuen University)
- Buddhist Studies WWW VL
(Dr T. Matthew Ciolek)
- Resource Pages for Biblical Studies
One of the best, most comprehensive sites on Christian Origins and Biblical Studies.
"These pages are intended as a resource for The serious, scholarly studies of the early Christian writings and their social world."
Compiled by Torrey Seland, Volda College, Volda, Norway.
(Christopher Heard, Milligan College)
An index to Internet resources that might be of use in the scholarly study and teaching of the Hebrew Bible.
- Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
(Paul Hasall, Fordham University)
- Dr. Mark Goodacre’s All-in-One Biblical Resources Search
(University of Birmingham, U.K.)
- On-line texts related to Biblical Study
(University of Pennsylvannia)
- Orion Center for the Study of the Dead Sea Scrolls
(The Hebrew University at Jerusalem, Israel)
- Diotima's Biblical Resources
Materials for the Study of Women and Gender in the Ancient World.
- Exploring Ancient World Cultures (specifically the Ancient Near East) at the University of Evansville
- Western Philosophical Concepts of God
(Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
- The Catholic Encyclopedia
- The Ecole Initiative: Index Page
(University of Evansville)
"Creating a Hypertext Encyclopedia of Early Church History."
- The Ecole Chronology Project
"Supplements the Ecole Initiative by providing a two-dimensional (temporal and geographical) model of events, persons, places, etc. that are pertinent in some way to early Church history."
- NetSERF: Medieval Philosophy
(Catholic University of America)